40 MINS | 6 servings
- 1 lb Hatfield® Recipe Essentials® Country Ground Sausage
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3 cups whole milk, more to taste
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Your favorite biscuits, warmed for serving
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat, cook sausage, stirring and breaking up with a spoon. Cook until sausage is fully browned, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Sprinkle in half the flour and stir until sausage soaks it all up. Continue to add the rest of the flour a little bit at a time.
- Continue to stir and add 2 cups of milk, stirring the gravy frequently, until it thickens, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, and continue cooking until thick. If gravy becomes too thick add additional milk, half cup or more as needed.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spoon gravy over warm biscuits and serve immediately.