Rate this recipe
25 MINS | 4 - 8 servings
- 1 Hatfield Hot and Spicy Ham Steak, 8oz. – cut in half
- 1 loaf Italian Bread
- 4 oz. genoa salami, sliced thin
- 4 oz. mortadella, sliced thin
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 4 oz. sharp or regular provolone, sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup olive salad (recipe included)
- 1 jar sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 jar sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallot or red onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp. minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Pepperoncini, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the olive salad, combine all ingredients and set aside.
- Slice Italian loaf of bread in half. Drizzle the olive oil on the bottom, sprinkle salt and pepper. Begin to layer the cheeses and meats (adding the Hatfield Ham Steak on top).
- Place the sandwich on a sheet pan open-faced with cooking spray. Heat until cheese is melted and meat is warm through, about 25 minutes. Remove and top with olive salad and bread, cut into 4,6 or 8 portions. Serve with pickled Pepperoncini’s and your favorite side.
Recipe created by Hatfield’s executive chef, Chef Jen