Rate this recipe
30 MINS | 20 servings
- 5 pound Hatfield® Family Classic Ham
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ⅔ cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place ham on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 325°F oven for 1¼ hours or until meat thermometer registers 140°F (about 15-18 minutes per pound).
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and cloves. Stir in apricot nectar and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Brush ham with glaze. Continue baking 15-20 minutes more, brushing occasionally with glaze.
A TIP FROM OUR CHEF:
For ham that’s juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside, cover it loosely with aluminum while cooking, but take it off for the last 30 minutes to crisp the surface.