- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove meat from package.
- For best results, sear to render the fat before roasting.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once pan is hot, sear meat until brown on all sides.
- Place seared roast in roasting pan and fill with water until the bottom is covered.
- Cover with foil and roast for two hours, or until an internal temperature of 180ºF is reached.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Place roast in slow cooker and set temperature to low.
- Place lid on and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until an internal temperature of 200°F has been reached.
- Remove from slow cooker for 5 minutes before slicing or shredding.
TIP: Add up to ½ cup of water to cover the bottom of the slow cooker for additional juiciness.
Using an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker?
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, set to “Saute” setting on high heat. Add the roast and begin to brown on all sides. Add water and cover set on manual for 30 minutes. Once done cooking, allow to depressurize naturally. Place pork on a cutting board; using two forks, pull apart into smaller pieces or shred.
|SERVING SIZE 4 OZ (112G)|
|SERV. PER CONTAINER 8|
|AMOUNT PER SERVING|
|CALORIES FROM FAT 100|
|% DAILY VALUE†|
|PERCENT DAILY VALUES ARE BASED ON A 2,000 CALORIE DIET.|
From farm to table, you can depend on quality cuts of meat from Hatfield.