PORK WITH A PLEDGE
More than a Product. It's our Pledge.
We appreciate your interest in our Hatfield® pork and learning more about our pledge to do business the right way. We share your passion for animal care and treating our farmers, the environment, and the animals with respect.
The Hatfield Brand is driven by a conviction that our business isn’t just about quality products, but it’s about accountability to our animals, farmers, community and you! We take both great care and pride in being able to raise our animals on family farms, with no added hormones, steroids or growth promotants.
Family Owned. American Made
At Hatfield® there’s a greater sense of purpose in everything we do. As an American, family-owned business with more than 125 years of history, we strive to follow our core beliefs. Ethics- I’ll do the right thing and speak the truth, even when it hurts. Integrity- I’ll do what I say…even when no one is looking. Stewardship- to build a foundation for the future.
Our family owned business brings fresh, quality pork products to retail and foodservice customers under the Hatfield, Prima Porta and Farm Promise brands. We are a vertically coordinated company that owns farms (Country View Family Farms), food production and transport through PV Transport. We serve customers and consumers from 3 locations – Hatfield, Pennsylvania, Emmaus, Pennsylvania and Coldwater, Michigan.
Fair Wage and Workforce Development
Clemens Food Group strives to provide fair wages and a nurturing, caring environment for its employees. This effort is apparent in programs focused on team member safety, team member wellness, benefits and personal and professional employee development.
- Safety – is one of Clemens Food Group’s four key expectations. There are five cross-functional task forces, made up of team members through the organization tasked with developing programs that are pillars of the safety plan and working to continuously improve safety.
- Wellness – team members are provided with services that help improve their health, well-being, and quality of life. The Hatfield, Pennsylvania location offers onsite Family Wellness Center where team members and their families can visit medical professionals and get help making lifestyle changes to improve their health.
- Benefits – team member benefits include: health insurance, dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401k plans with company matching and profit sharing contributions, quarterly bonuses, holiday bonus, recognition programs, scholarship program, education assistance, leave of absence accommodation, long and short term disability, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Personal Development – team members have access to CFG Cares, a free resource for team members and their families for both challenging times and ongoing personal development. CFG Cares provides chaplains, certified counselors, a catastrophic benevolent fund and adoption assistance. Through a partnership with Carebridge the company offers resources and referrals for a wide variety of life management concerns including: stress management, parenting, college planning, financial wellness, substance abuse, and relationship counseling.
- Professional Growth – Clemens Food Group is committed to the development of its team members – ensuring they have the tools they personally need to succeed as well as help improve the overall performance and growth within their roles and company. We listen to our team members, offer career advancement programs and opportunities via a series of tools, continuous training and education.
Charitable Giving is our Priority
We have been blessed with much, and have much to give back. To us, building a foundation for the future means not only taking care of our people, animals and environment, it means enriching the communities in which we live and work. Because of the resources we have been blessed with, we have the ability to touch thousands of lives in our community. We recognize that only through strong company values and the efforts of our team members does this become a reality.
Since 1895, CFG has supported our community through financial contributions, product donations and volunteering. As an organization we are committed to give 10% of our profits back to the community each year. We are involved in giving to hundreds of charities and non-profits.
In addition to monetary donations, our team members are highly involved in giving our time, volunteering in many events throughout the year. And because of our position in the food industry we have the capability to have a significant impact against hunger and are heavily involved with the local food bank for the surrounding Philadelphia region.