Looking for a comforting and delectable meal that can be whipped up for the whole family in no time? Pork stroganoff might be just the answer you're looking for! We love a pork twist on classic beef stroganoff, because this meat is a perfect tender and juicy pairing for the other creamy and savory flavors — and it's healthier, too. Perfect for busy weeknights or cozy weekends at home, you can prepare this stroganoff recipe with ease and leave everyone wanting more.
Here's everything you need to know about making pork stroganoff for delicious results.
Bringing your favorite pork stroganoff recipe to life
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. Hatfield® Pork Tenderloin (cut into bite-sized cubes).
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles.
- 1 large sweet onion (diced).
- 3 cups mushrooms (sliced).
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika.
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard.
- 2 tsp. garlic.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- Salt and black pepper (to taste).
- 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable/beef broth).
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley (to garnish).
Steps to make pork stroganoff to perfection
- Step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place your pre-seasoned, chopped pork loin in the heated skillet and cook until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 (be careful not to overcook). Remove your cooked pork tenderloin and reserve it on a plate.
- Step 2: Next, return the same pan to the heat and saute your large onion and garlic for about five minutes — or until the diced onions are translucent.
- Step 3: Now, add your sliced mushrooms, smoked paprika, Dijon mustard and your chosen broth and stir well. Then, you can place your cooked pork loin back to the pan and simmer on low heat for around ten minutes.
- Step 4: During this time, cook your noodles according to the packet instructions. For tasty buttered noodles, be sure to toss your egg noodles or pasta of choice with butter after draining.
- Step 5: Finally, whisk your sour cream into the pork mixture until it's mixed well and the sauce has thickened.
- Step 6: Serve the final mixture over your buttered noodles, adding salt and pepper to taste and garnishing with fresh parsley.
Ready to get started? Head to your local grocery store to pick up your favorite Hatfield® products for a simply delicious result.
Answering a few FAQs for the best results
Can you use a slow cooker to prepare this dish?
If you don't have time to tend to an active skillet, you can certainly prepare this pork stroganoff recipe with the help of a slow cooker or Instant Pot. You can start at step two for both of these options. From there, you can add and cook all of the ingredients — except for your sour cream — in the slow cooker on low for six hours or in the instant pot on high pressure for five minutes. After this, you can add the sour cream to finish the sauce and serve it to your liking!
What can you serve with this recipe for an elevated result?
While we love pairing egg noodles with our irresistibly creamy pork mixture, your options for serving this dish are practically endless! Here are a few alternative ideas you can try for a well-rounded and delicious dinner:
- Any pasta of your choice.
- Cilantro lime or Mexican rice.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Roasted potatoes or Brussels sprouts.
- Baked sweet potato.
How do you properly store pork stroganoff?
After your dish has been cooked and cooled, you can transfer your leftovers to an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator for up to three days. Once you're ready to enjoy, remove it from the fridge and allow it to reach room temperature, then microwave until piping hot.
If you're planning to make this meal ahead of time, you'll be glad to know you can freeze this dish for up to three months. However, for the best results, we recommend storing and freezing this recipe after step four (before adding sour cream), because this ingredient can change the texture of the sauce once frozen.
Related recipes: Other comfort food favorites
- Crockpot Ham and Potato Soup
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Ground Pork and Blueberry Brioche French Toast
- Ham, Brie and Apple Grilled Cheese
Cooking with quality pork products from Hatfield®
For a delicious result every time, you can't go wrong with premium pork from Hatfield®. Our juicy Hatfield® pork tenderloin options are dry rub seasoned to bring irresistible flavor to your dinner table. Pre-marinated, high-quality and simply delicious pork products make dinner less about cooking and more about the family.
When you're ready for a mealtime you won't soon forget, you can use our store locator to find your favorite Hatfield® products in a supermarket or grocery store near you.