Pork egg rolls have become a revered Chinese cuisine, with crispy exteriors and savory fillings that have captivated taste buds for generations. If you’ve been looking for your next family meal, you can’t go wrong with a contemporary take on a beloved classic — pork eggroll in a bowl.
Say goodbye to the hassle of frying and rolling, because with Pork Eggroll in a Bowl, things are simpler. An easy eggroll and pork sausage recipe is perfect for rushed evenings after work or when you’re juggling a busy family schedule. Plus, this main dish is a great meal prep option, ultimately saving you time and ensuring your family has delicious meals all week long.
The best part? You still get all the delectable flavors of a traditional pork egg roll, but in a fun and healthier way. You can rest assured that everyone in the family, even the pickiest eaters, will be asking for more. Read on to learn how you can prepare a quick and easy pork egg roll recipe to perfection and the tips and tricks to consider in the process.
Steps to making pork eggroll in a bowl
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 package Hatfield® Recipe Essentials® Sesame Soy Ginger Ground Sausage.
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil.
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced.
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced.
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce.
- 1 medium onion, julienned.
- 1 bag shredded cabbage (coleslaw mix).
- ½ cup shredded carrots.
- 1 large red pepper, julienned.
- 6 cups cauliflower rice or cooked brown rice (cook according to package directions).
- 3 scallions, sliced.
How to make pork eggroll in a bowl
- Step 1: In a large sauté pan, heat one Tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Then, add in the Hatfield® Sesame Soy Ginger Ground Sausage. While cooking, break apart the pork sausage using a utensil, and cook until brown and no longer pink — 10-12 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 2: In the same pan, add one Tbsp. olive oil and one Tbsp. sesame oil, minced garlic, ground ginger and onion. Sauté until the onions become translucent. Then add cooked ground sausage, cabbage, carrots, red pepper and soy sauce. Sauté for another five minutes, taste and add salt or pepper, if needed.
- Step 3: To prepare cauliflower rice: in a large sauté pan add one Tbsp. olive oil and one Tbsp. sesame oil. Cook for five to seven minutes until the “rice” becomes tender.
- Step 4: Finally, it’s time to assemble it: in a bowl, add the cauliflower rice, top it with the sausage vegetable mixture and garnish with scallion.
Ready to get started? Head to your local grocery store to pick up your favorite Hatfield® pork products for a delectable result!
Pork eggroll tips, tricks and FAQs
To achieve the most authentic and delicious result, consider the following tips, tricks and frequently asked questions when bringing this pork egg roll bowl recipe to life:
- Prep your rice in advance: You can save time and make cleanup easier by preparing your rice ahead of time. With cooked rice ready to go, you’ll only need one pan for the entire recipe.
- Got a wok? Use it: If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to pull out the wok and give it a try, now is the perfect time. Woks are designed for high-heat cooking, making them ideal for stir-fries like this main dish. It will also provide the intense heat you need to achieve authentic flavor results.
- Opt for chopsticks: Take the dining experience to the next level with reusable chopsticks. They’ll add an authentic touch to your meal and make it feel even more like your family is enjoying a traditional Chinese meal.
- Need an extra crunch? If you or your loved ones are looking for a satisfying crunch, you can add crushed peanuts or crispy wonton strips to your bowl. These simple additions will give every bite a little extra texture and flavor that can enhance the dish.
What are other popular ingredients to include?
When it comes to pork eggroll in a bowl, there’s no shortage of variations you can consider to cater this dish to the preferences of everyone in your household. If there are any other ingredients you see fit for the meal, add them in. Other options include bell pepper, green onions, shredded carrot, green cabbage, broccoli slaw and sesame seeds.
You can also consider topping the dish with something sweeter like soy sauce, hoisin sauce or sweet chili sauce for a slightly different taste. Or, if you’re looking for an extra kick, you can add chili garlic sauce, sriracha, hot sauce or even red pepper flakes.
What can you serve with pork eggroll in a bowl?
Typical side dishes for this meal include steamed rice, fried rice or noodles, but you can also pair the recipe with a side of stir-fried vegetables or a fresh salad for a balanced meal. Feel free to customize your sides based on your household preferences.
Do egg rolls contain eggs?
While “egg” is in the name of this recipe, it doesn’t actually contain eggs. So, if you or your loved ones have any dietary restrictions, you can rest easy! The name comes from the thin, egg-based wrappers used to encase the fillings in the traditional dish, but the wrappers commonly use a combination of vegetables, meat and seasonings instead.
How long does pork eggroll in a bowl last in the fridge?
This main dish can typically be stored in the fridge for up to three to four days when properly sealed in an airtight container. If you’re refrigerating the meal immediately for meal prep, be sure to let it cool to room temperature first and avoid leaving it out for extended periods of time.
Try premium pork products from Hatfield®
When you’re ready to get started on this recipe, remember that the quality of the ingredients you use matters. And, when it comes to your family, you only want the best.
Hatfield® offers a range of high-quality, pre-seasoned pork products that make dinnertime fast and simple. Our line of delectable ground pork options, like Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Ground Pork and Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Ground Sausage, Hot Italian, ensures each bite is a testament to quality and helps you achieve successful results every time.
If you’re ready to bring your favorite recipes to life with top-notch ingredients, use our store locator to find your favorite Hatfield® pork products at a supermarket or grocery store near you to get started!