For a mouthwatering main dish that the whole family can enjoy, grilled bacon wrapped pork tenderloin is second to none. This sensational choice for summer offers a tantalizing combination of flavors and textures that will leave everyone wanting more.
Not only does this pork tenderloin recipe deliver on taste, but it also prioritizes convenience. With marinated, pre-seasoned pork from Hatfield®, you can cook up a delicious meal in practically no time at all. This saves valuable time in the kitchen so you can create lasting summer memories with your loved ones.
New to the grill? No worries!
Our simple guide ensures the easiest process with equally delectable results. And, we'll provide the step-by-step instructions, tips and techniques you need to know to make grilling a breeze, so your grilled bacon and pork tenderloin turns out perfectly juicy and flavorful every time. Read on to get started.
Steps to prepare your grilled bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Bringing your grilled bacon and pork tenderloin recipe to life
- Step 1: Start by firing up your grill! Whether you're using a gas or charcoal grill, you can set it to a medium heat — or approximately 300 to 325.
- Step 2: Now, prepare your tenderloin and bacon for the grill with pre-seasoned meat from Hatfield®. To do this, wrap each bacon strip around the pork until it's covered completely and secure each end with a toothpick or wooden skewer.
- Step 3: Next, place your wrapped pork tenderloin on the grill and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. You can make a ¼ turn every four to five minutes to ensure all sides are fully cooked.
- Step 4: After this time, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your tenderloin. You'll know your pork is completely done once the thickest part of the pork has reached 145, and then you can remove it from the heat.
- Step 5: Let the meat rest for five minutes, then carefully remove each toothpick or skewer.
- Step 6: Finally, slice your grilled bacon-wrapped pork into 1 ¼ inch slices and serve!
Serving options to consider
There are several fantastic side dishes you might consider to complement the flavors of grilled bacon wrapped tenderloin and elevate your mealtime to new heights. For instance, you might add fresh and vibrant salads to the menu for a healthy and delectable balance to the richness of tenderloin. Or, you might opt for a classic side, like grilled vegetables to add a smoky char and delightful freshness to your plate.
For the best overall flavor profile and family dinner experience, here are some of our favorite sides to serve with your bacon and pork tenderloin this summer:
- Watermelon feta salad.
- Caesar salad.
- Corn on the cob.
- Skewered bell peppers.
- Garlic mashed potatoes.
- Sweet potato fries.
- Quinoa salad.
Ready to get started? Head to your local grocery store to pick up your favorite Hatfield® products for a simply delicious result.
Answering FAQs for the best results
Is pork loin interchangeable with tenderloin in this recipe?
The short answer is, yes.
Grilled bacon wrapped pork loin can be equally as versatile and delicious as a tenderloin, but there are a few differences to keep in mind when choosing between the two. Tenderloin tends to be smaller and, therefore, cooks faster than pork loin — which means opting for a loin can up your cook time slightly. However, both are safe to consume once they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
Can you prepare this dish ahead of time?
Need to prepare this dish for an event ahead of time? No problem! With pre-seasoned pork and bacon, this process is simple: Wrap your tenderloin in bacon slices and secure it as instructed the day before cooking. Then, you can place the meat on a baking sheet or in a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Once you're ready, bring your bacon wrapped tenderloin to room temperature and start grilling!
Does it matter what kind of bacon is used?
You can use almost any type of bacon you prefer. However, for this recipe, it's best to choose a meatier option like Hatfield® Applewood Smoked Bacon or Hatfield® Thick Cut Hardwood Smoked Bacon. Why? Because a bacon slice that's mostly fat can cause flare-ups on the grill.
Or, if you're looking to make this meal a bit healthier, you can opt for an uncured option which is generally lower in calories and fat content.
How do you properly store leftover bacon wrapped tenderloin?
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers at the end of the night, here's what you need to know about storing, freezing and heating this dish:
- Storing: Tightly wrap your tenderloin in aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container to prevent air exposure. Once in the refrigerator, these leftovers will last for up to three to four days.
- Freezing: For the longest shelf-life in the freezer, cover the dish in plastic wrap and move to a freezer-safe bag or container. This can be frozen for up to three months.
- Re-heating: If you're reheating from the freezer, you can thaw the frozen tenderloin in the refrigerator overnight. Then, reheat it gently in the oven at a low temperature until warmed through.
The benefit of cooking with high-quality pork
At the end of the day, cooking with high-quality ingredients can make a significant difference not only in terms of taste and flavor, but also in health and safety. Here at Hatfield®, we know your family deserves the best. That's why our line of premium pork makes for healthier and more delicious results — every time.
Our juicy Hatfield® pork tenderloin options are dry rub seasoned to bring irresistible flavor to your dinner table. Pre-marinated, first-rate and simply tasty pork products make mealtime less about cooking, and more about spending time with family.
Once you're ready to bring your next pork dish to life, you can use our store locator to find the Hatfield® products you need in a supermarket or grocery store near you.